Ten things I learned while making apple sauce this year__
1. 20lbs of apples doesn't make nearly as much apple sauce as one might think.2. The fun, old-fashioned apple peeler looks cool, but doesn't work super well.
3. It's helpful to have a pig, a dozen chickens, and a few kids who will eat the endless strings of apple peels that are left over after peeling 20lbs of apples.
5. The Spunky Girl picked out an outfit specifically for apple sauce making__she asked me if I liked the way she turned a skirt and shirt into a beautiful white dress? She makes me smile.
6. I missed being with my apple-sauce-making friend so much this year while making sauce. Apple sauce making is so much more fun with friends.
8. A tiny bit of brown sugar goes a long way.
9. I prefer smooth verses chunky.
10. I love days at home with my treasures, making apple sauce in the farmhouse kitchen.
Loving these lovely fall days.