Five things that made today great...
1. This morning we got to see our little boy at our first ultrasound appointment out here.
2. I drank that nasty drink that you have to take when you get your glucose test done when you're pregnant... and I got a good flavor that honestly wasn't even that bad. (Lemon-Lime... It taste kinda like 7-up) The lady that drew my blood was a total pro and I didn't even feel her stick that needle in my arm. She was so sweet to me! I actually had a "good time" taking my glucose test and getting my blood drawn. Is that even possible?
3. I actually got a nap in today... and it felt soooo good!
4. Can anybody say, "Praise the Lord for cereal!" ...
I attempted to make dinner tonight... It was a broccoli, beef stir fry thing... seems simple enough, right? Well, I guess not for this Mama. The meat was tough, the veggies were mushy. I took two bites, started laughing, then mouthed the words, "THIS IS DISGUSTING," to Joey who I can imagine was waiting for me to say that, so that he didn't have to eat another single bite.
My Hal, who is as sweet as pie, was cheerfully putting bite after bite in her mouth. I look over at her and she says, "Mom, this is so good. Thank you so much for my dinner." Then I kindly let her in on the fact that I know that it's disgusting and that she doesn't have to eat it if she doesn't want to... to which she responds, "Oh, then can I be all done?" :) "Yes, honey. We can all be all done."
So I cleared the table... and offered everyone a bowl of cereal instead. Reesie started clapping and singing her happy song... and Joey took me up on my offer... which tells you that dinner was R_E_A_L_L_Y bad... because on most days, Joey doesn't really even like cereal. It was hilarious. Let's just say that I am so thankful for cereal... and for my family that eats it when dinner doesn't quite work out.
5. And finally... I got to go out with a new friend tonight. She's hilarious, and fun and real. It was so nice just to get out of the house after a long weekend in doors with everyone being sick. :)
And that's what made this day great! I hope that you all had a great day too! :)